- Fairest Lord Jesus arranged by Marilyn Biery (GIA Publications, G-9227, 2017) Click here to visit the JW Pepper webpage for this piece, with samples and ...
- From Doubt to Faith A Chancel Opera in One Act, Based on John 20:24-29 Music composed by James Biery, ASCAP Text written by Marilyn Biery, ASCAP, with Henry ...
- Gathered Into One by Marilyn Biery (Augburg Fortress, 2014) Organ Settings of Contemporary Tunes Click here to visit the Augsburg Fortress webpage for this book. A ...
- O God of All Life Music arr. by Marilyn Biery; text by Marilyn Biery (GIA Publications, G-8485, 2014) For SATB Choir and Organ, with optional Children’s ...
- Seek a Place of Breathless Beauty by Marilyn Biery (MorningStar MSM-90-70, 2011) Marilyn’s first hymnary, the book contains 25 of her hymn texts; eleven of them are ...
- Ten Hymn Settings for Organ by Marilyn Biery (GIA Publications, Inc., G-8870, 2015) for Organ click here to visit the publisher’s webpage for this piece From prelude to ...
- The Day of the Lord Is at Hand arranged by Marilyn Biery (GIA Publications, G-8731, 2015) Click here to visit the GIA webpage for this piece. For Two-part Mixed Choir, ...
- The Heavenly Music by James Biery, text by Marilyn Biery (GIA Publications, Inc. G-8486, 2015) for SATB Choir, Organ, and optional C instrument Click here to ...
More Organ Music
Gathered Into One: Organ Settings of Contemporary Tunes (Augsburg-Fortress ISBN: 9781451486063, 2014)
A collection of organ settings of hymns from the twentieth century, which may be used as introductions or codas to the singing of the hymn, or as separate preludes or postludes. Contents: As the Grains of Wheat, Baptized and Set Free, Be Not Afraid: Meditation, Lord, Let My Heart Be Good Soil: Hymn Introduction, Lord, Let My Heart Be Good Soil: Prelude, Now We Remain: Homage to Calvin Hampton, On Eagle’s Wings, We Are Called: Harmonization and Coda (or Introduction), We Walk by Faith, You Are Mine
An American Perspective: Settings of Old and New Tunes for Organ (Augsburg-Fortress 9781451401820, 2011)
This diverse and unique collection features eight new settings of popular hymn tunes of American composers. Each setting is artfully arranged to delight the listener and the performer alike. Contains settings of AZMON, BETHOLD, BOURBON, BREAD OF LIFE, CONVERSE, INNISFREE FARM, NETTLETON, and SONG OF PRAISE.
A British Perspective: Melodies and Hymn Tunes for Organ (Augsburg-Fortress 9780800663919, 2009)
Settings of DOWN AMPNEY, ELLERS, FOREST GREEN, KING’S WESTON, NICAEA, REPTON, and ROYAL OAK. Includes a foreword with a small history of each hymn.
Cold December Flies Away (Augsburg-Fortress 9780800679064, 2008)
Settings of ANTIOCH, CONDITOR ALME SIDERUM, CONSOLATION, EL DESEMBRE CONGELAT, and HUAN-SHA-CH’I
The Lord Is Risen: Easter & Pentecost Music for Organ or Piano (MorningStar MSM-10-428, 2006)
Settings of O FILII ET FILIAE, DOWN AMPNEY, LLANFAIR, VICTORY, DUNLAP’S CREEK, and MFURAHINI, HALELUYA
Jubilate, Volume II (Concordia 97-7073, 2005)
Settings of LAND OF REST and THOMAS
Augsburg Organ Library: Christmas (Augsburg-Fortress 2001)
Setting of UNE JEUNE PUCELLE
Augsburg Organ Library: Lent (Augsburg-Fortress 11-11036, 2000)
Setting of UBI CARITAS
Augsburg Organ Library: Advent (Augsburg-Fortress 11-11034, 2000)
Praeludium and Fantasy on VENI EMMANUEL
Meditations on the Love of God (MorningStar MSM-10-949, 1998)
More Choral Music
A Little Child Shall Lead Them (Augsburg Fortress 9780806695914, 2009)
Unison voices, organ, violin or oboe, and optional congregation
Composed for and premiered at the Cathedral of Saint Paul Hymn Festival for the 2009 Hymn Society Conference, Marilyn has written a new text based on Isaiah 11:6-9 for Mark Sedio’s tune BETHOLD and created a delightful new arrangement featuring children’s voices.
Night of Silence (GIA Publications, Inc. G-5622, 2001)
An arrangement of Daniel Kantor’s Night of Silence, for SATB choir, organ and optional oboe. Kantor’s original 1984 melody was written to be sung simultaneously with Silent Night.
Gentle Grace (Alliance Publications, Inc. AP-1239, 1999)
An a cappella anthem for SATB choir/Soprano Solo based on the Early American tune TENDER THOUGHT, featuring an original text by Marilyn.
I Couldn’t Hear Nobody Pray (MorningStar MSM-50-8830, 1996)
“Marilyn Biery’s a cappella arrangement of a favorite Spiritual is set for SATB choir and a medium-voice soloist. The music, sung in the style of call and response, is vocally accessible for all groups, so if your choir doesn’t get many opportunities to sing a cappella, this is a wonderful teaching piece in which they can concentrate on unified vowels, rhythms, and blend.” (The Best Choral Guide, Carl Fischer of Chicago 1996-97)